Frontline Combo will even provide your home with protection! Frontline Combo combines the powerful action of fipronil (eradicates adult ticks, fleas and lice on your dog) with the preventive action of (S)-Methoprene (inhibits the development of flea eggs and larvae). Frontline Combo will therefore prevent an infestation in your home and protect your dog.
Indications - Frontline Combo for dog
Frontline Combo is used to protect dogs against infestations of fleas, ticks and biting lice. Frontline Combo is indicated to:
- Eradicate fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.) and prevent new infestations for up to 8 weeks.
- Prevent the propagation of fleas by inhibiting egg, larva and pupae development for up to 8 weeks after application.
- Eliminate ticks (Ixodes ricinus, Dermacentor variabilis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus) for up to 4 weeks.
- Eliminate biting lice (Trichodectes canis).
Frontline Combo can be integrated in a treatment programme for Flea Allergy Dermatitis.
Administration and dosage - Frontline Combo for dogs
- Dogs between 2 and 10 kg: one COMBO Spot-On Dog S pipette (0.67 ml).
- Dogs between 10 and 20 kg: one FRONTLINE COMBO Spot-On Dog M pipette (1.34 ml).
- Dogs between 20 and 40 kg: one FRONTLINE COMBO Spot-On Dog L pipette (2.68 ml).
- Dogs between 40 and 60 kg: one FRONTLINE COMBO Spot-On Dog XL pipette (4.02 ml).
Wait at least 4 weeks after an application before using Frontline Combo again.
Instructions for use - Frontline Combo for dogs
Hold the Frontline Combo pipette in an upright position and break off the cap with a quick motion. Maintain your dog in a standing position, part the coat between the shoulder blades until you can see some skin. Put the tip of the Frontline Combo pipette on the skin and squeeze firmly a few times until all the pipette is empty. Do this on one or two spots, depending on the dog's size.
Active ingredients - Frontline Combo for dog
FRONTLINE COMBO Spot-On Dog S:
- Fipronil: 67.0 mg
- (S)-Methoprene: 60.3 mg
- Butylhydroxyanisole (E320): 0.13 mg
- Butylhydroxytoluene (E321): 0.07 mg
- Ethanol: 52.90 mg
- Excipient Q.S.: one 0.67 ml pipette
FRONTLINE COMBO Spot-On Dog M:
- Fipronil: 134.0 mg
- (S)-Methoprene: 120.6 mg
- Butylhydroxyanisole (E320): 0.27 mg
- Butylhydroxytoluene (E321): 0.13 mg
- Ethanol: 105.90 mg
- Excipient Q.S.: one 1.34 ml pipette
FRONTLINE COMBO Spot-On Dog L:
- Fipronil: 268.0 mg
- (S)-Methoprene: 241.2 mg
- Butylhydroxyanisole (E320): 0.54 mg
- Butylhydroxytoluene (E321): 0.27 mg
- Ethanol: 211.70 mg
- Excipient Q.S.: one 2.68 ml pipette
FRONTLINE COMBO Spot-On Dog XL
- Fipronil: 402.0 mg
- (S)-Methoprene: 361.8 mg
- Butylhydroxyanisole (E320): 0.80 mg
- Butylhydroxytoluene (E321): 0.40 mg
- Ethanol: 317.60 mg
- Excipient Q.S.: one 4.02 ml pipette
Contraindications - Frontline Combo for dogs
Do not use Frontline Combo on puppies aged less than 8 weeks or weighing less than 2 kg. Do not use on sick animals (systemic diseases, fever, etc.) or recovering pets. Do not use on rabbits, it could be lethal.
Precautions for use - Frontline Combo for dogs
- If the flea infestation is severe, we recommend starting the treatment with 6 ml/kg of Frontline Spray (this is the maximum dosage and is equal to pumping the 250 ml and 500 ml spray bottle 4 times per kg, or 12 times for 100 ml spray bottles), and then administering Frontline Combo pipettes every month.
- You may see live fleas more than 48 hours following treatment. This may be due to a recent flea reinfestation by fleas that hatched in the dog's immediate environment. However, they will be eliminated within a few hours of landing on your dog.
- Bathing your dog with shampoo before using the treatment does not reduce its efficiency. Do not bathe the dog for two days following the treatment.
Precautions for pregnant or lactating dogs
Frontline Combo can be used safely on gestating or lactating bitches.
- Do not touch pets that have just been treated and do not allow children to play with them until the application surface is dry.
- We recommend treating the animal during the evening rather than during the day, and not to let the animal sleep with its owner, especially with children.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat while applying the product on your pet.
In addition to the fleas on your dog, there may also be flea eggs, larvae and nymphs in your dog's environment. These can become adult fleas and reinfest your dog. Therefore, it is necessary to treat the environment with an appropriate product at the same time as your treat your pet, for example, Virbac's Indoor-X.